I am primarily a professional, freelance copywriter, but over the years, I’ve also written and directed a number of comedy dramas for my local church. Most of these scripts have actually been performed before a live audience. There are short comedy skits designed to be performed as part of a worship service along with skits for youth, kids and other special church themes.
There are also several one act plays that I wrote and directed for church Christmas programs.
Click on the title to read a summary and beginning portion of the script. I tried to include enough of the script to interest you enough to purchase it. But if you just have to read the whole script first, let me know and I’ll e-mail it to you. I can trust you, right?
When you’re ready to make a purchase click the “Add to Cart” button at the top (or bottom) of a drama’s page and complete your payment through Paypal. Then you will be directed to a page where you can download the script as a Word document.
Conditions for use:
- The script is yours to use and reuse as many times as you want. Print as many copies as you need for your production, but don’t republish or print them in books, on the Internet, etc. Also, please don’t lend them to someone else. They should purchase their own.
- You may make minor alterations to customize for your audience, but not to the point of changing the meaning. If in doubt, e-mail your version to me.
- These dramas are priced for use in church worship, religious meetings, or ministry events where there is no admission charge. If you plan to use them in a ticketed event it includes a percentage share of revenue. Please contact me to discuss first.
- You may videotape the production as long as it is only for your private use, but not for resale.
- Let me know if you have any other questions. I’d also appreciate feedback on how the drama worked for your organization.
- A Standing Offer (Prodigal Son)
- All in the Family (Condemning others)
- Armor of God
- Attitude Adjustment
- Christmas at the Klooks
- Christmas at the Mall
- Father’s Day Theme
- Focused on the Priority
- Football Flip Flop (Character, Peer Pressure)
- Instilling Values
- Jumping to Conclusions
- Mystery of the Lost Meaning of Christmas
- Name that Need (Missionary Emphasis)
- Need a Lift? (Grace)
- Searching for God’s Will
- Stinkin Thinkin (Children’s Church)
- The Applicants (Heaven & Hell)
- The Big Race (Children’s Church)
- The Nicene Creed (Call to Worship)
- The Private Eye (Sexual Purity)
- The Workman (Salvation by Grace)
- Tithe You Later (Giving)
- Whacha Gonna Do? (Children’s Church)
- What is Christmas?
- What’s In a Promise?
- Where’re You Headed?
- The Night Before Christmas
- What Can Be Trusted (Absolute Truth)
Join My E-mail List
And I’ll send you my article: Exaggerate to Make Your Presentations Funny. You’ll learn how to punch up your presentations with humor.